• Familiarization with Uganda’s higher institutions of learning.
• Learn about women and development in this part of the world
• A thrilling cultural music experience displayed in song and dance
• An African safari to Murchison Falls National park – visited by president Theodore Roosevelt of the USA, Queen Elizabeth 11 and the Murchison Falls is also the back drop of John Huston’s movie “African Queen”
Meal plan indicated against each day as breakfast, lunch, dinner
DAY 1: On arrival you will be picked up from the airport by a company representative and transferred to your hotel for a good dinner and overnight at Emperor Hotel – budget facility. Meal plan: dinner
DAY 2: Visit 2 women projects and learn how they earn their living their successes, challenges and plans for the future. Dinner and overnight Emperor Hotel -budget facility. Meal plan: breakfast, lunch, dinner
DAY 3: After breakfast go out for a tour of Makerere University and interaction with some of the university dons before proceeding to visit a vocational school. (There will be a lunch break in between the
visits). Return to the hotel for dinner and overnight at Emperor Hotel-budget facility. Meal plan: breakfast, lunch, dinner
DAY 4: You will be picked up from your overnight accommodation at 7:30 am for a 5-6 hour drive for a memorable experience to Murchison Falls National park where the world’s longest river explodes violently through a narrow
cleft in the Rift Valley escarpment to pouring into a frothing pool 43 m below. Enjoy a short game drive on arrival en-route to your overnight accommodation to check and have dinner at Murchison River Lodge- moderate facility or Para Safari Lodge -high end facility. Meal plan: breakfast, lunch, dinner.
DAY 5: Early riser today, 6:30 am we head out on a game drive in the park to find wildlife populations which have largely recovered from the poaching of the 1980s. In the lush borassus grassland to the north of the Nile, elephant, buffalo, giraffe and a variety of antelope are regularly encountered on game drives, while lion are seen with increasing frequency. We return to accommodation to relax and lunch. After lunch, we will take a boat cruise on the Nile River. The Nile itself hosts one of Africa’s densest hippo and crocodile populations, and a dazzling variety of water birds including the world’s most accessible wild population of the rare shoebill stork. Dinner and overnight at Murchison River Lodge – moderate facility, or Para Safari Lodge high end facility. Meal plan: breakfast, lunch, dinner
DAY 6: Wake up to a relaxed breakfast and thereafter return to Kampala via the top of the falls before exiting the park with a stopover for rhino tracking at Zziwa Sanctuary. Head to Kampala to visit some souvenir shops before continuing to Entebbe for dinner and overnight at Backpackers Hostel Entebbe -budget facility. Meal plan: Breakfast, lunch,dinner
DAY 7: Today with bags ready we will drop you at airport depending on your flight time.
End of Safari
• Price per person $996 based on 8 travelers staying in 4 twin rooms while the single room supplement is $110 (prices quoted in US dollars) Budget accommodation in Kampala and a moderate lodge on safari
• Price per person $1200 based on 8 travelers staying in 4 twin rooms while the single room supplement is $165 (prices quoted in US dollars) – Budget accommodation in Kampala and high end lodge on safari.
Included in the price:
- An English speaking driver/guide
- Ground transport
- Meals as indicated against each day
- Accommodation for 6 nights
- Entry fees
- Activity fees as indicated
- Ferry crossing fees
- 1 litre of water per day while in the vehicle
• Flights/Entry visas
• Items of personal nature
• Personal insurance
• And extra items not indicated on the itinerary