Entebbe Town Tour
Entebbe Botanical Gardens, UWEC Zoo, Mabamba Swamp
Entebbe town tour explores the charmingly located town on the shores of Lake Victoria, Africa’s largest fresh water body. It features a tropical rainforest climate with relatively constant temperatures throughout the year and hosts the Entebbe International Airport. The lush green town located 40km south of the capital Kampala offers great opportunities for a relaxed holiday.
Entebbe town tour attractions include: its lovely beaches, Entebbe Botanical Gardens, Mabamba Bay wetland, (is a Ramzar site and home of the rare shoebill), Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary, the Reptile Village, and Uganda Wildlife Education Center –Entebbe Zoo. The Wildlife Education Centre houses the rare shoe bill and white rhino, among other endangered animals and birds.
You’re picked up from your overnight hotel after breakfast to drive to Mabamba bay wetland one of the prime bird areas to search for one of the rarest birds -the shoe bill stork and Papyrus Yellow Warbler. The search involves, traversing the swamp on a dug-out canoe before returning for an early lunch at your overnight lodge. After lunch continue on a visit to Entebbe botanical gardens to spot primates like: black and white Colobus, plus Vervet Monkeys, and birds like: Marsh Sandpipers, Common Green Shank, Long-tailed and Great Cormorants, Madagascar Bee-eater, Green Crombec, Orange weaver, Golden and Yellow backed weavers, Superb sunbird, Bare faced go-away-bird, Great blue turaco, Grey and Brown Parrots, Palm Swift, Little Swift, Entebbe Weaver (an endemic to Uganda that was recorded at the site only once), White spotted Fluff tail and end the day with a visit to Uganda Wildlife Education Centre.
Meal plan – Lunch End of service
Note: You can opt for the Cheetah Experience at the Uganda Wildlife Education Centre. Please do inquire with us on this special arrangement.
- The Entebbe Town Tour exposes you to the once the colonial capital of Uganda, is the first town that welcomes any visitor to Uganda from the Air port. Being a quiet town Cooled by breezes from Lake Victoria, beach palm trees, a beautiful botanical garden, good hotels that have beautiful views of the lake and white sand beaches, Uganda Wildlife Reserve – The Zoo, Entebbe is a tour destination for both Ugandans and international visitors.
- Early in the morning after breakfast your guide will pick you up from your hotel in Kampala and drive to Entebbe. Your from your hotel and start your Entebbe Town tour, the first stop shall be in Entebbe town then traverse to the Botanical Gardens of Entebbe located on the shores of Lake Victoria but a sanctuary for many primates(monkeys), most fantastic tropical plants one can find, walk on the white sand beach.
- Having a variety of primates such as Baboons and monkeys, close to 20 bird species and butterflies, the sight of local fishermen throwing their nets on canoes, as well as the beautiful lake shore scenery you a guaranteed to have a peaceful morning in a relaxing place blown by the cool lake breeze.
- Your lunch shall be served along the sandy beach under shade provided by the large palm trees under which you can order local Uganda or intercontinental dishes – grilled tilapia whole, pizza, some Indian dishes etc, all served with a refreshing cool drink. The grilled Uganda tilapia is a visitor`s favorite, try it!!
- After lunch you shall drive to the Uganda Wildlife Education Center (UWEC Zoo) – where you will see most of the animal and bird species resident in Uganda gazetted in a semi natural habitat. These include but a few; Lion, Buffalo, Antelopes, Hippos, Snakes, Crocodile plus very many bird species. Taking photographs of your interest will be after paying for your camera entry and you shall walk along the various paths ending at beach side restaurants for refreshments before proceeding to our last destination.
- Drive to Imperial Resort Beach Entebbe – the best white sand beach in Uganda located on the shores of Lake Victoria adjacent to a beautiful five star hotel. You will walk the clean in water/sand along the best sand in Uganda as well la on the sand to sun bath.
- A tour in the caves along this beach some of which have been made into creative bars is rewarding due to their unique features, as this is done you will have lots of water bird some of which are scavengers to see as you enjoy the cool lake Victoria breeze.
- Your Entebbe Town tour will end with a lake swim if desired or relaxation along the beach of Lake Victoria with native Ugandans or dive into the hotel’s Olympic size swimming pool to step up your physical fitness after a busy day finalized with a dance to Ugandan local tunes plus international tunes to warm your body as say buy the beach if it’s a weekend.
- Please note that a motor boat cruise can be arranged for you if interested in having a cruise on Lake Victoria.This tour ends between 6:00-8:00 pm(local time) according you will so when ready you will tell your guide to drive back to your hotel but he will remind you if it clocks 8pm.
This Safari Package Includes
Accommodations and meals as per the safari program
- Transportation by safari vehicle
- An English speaking driver guide
- Entrance fees
The Safari Exclusions
The expenses of personal nature like: Air fare, Visa, soda/alcoholic drinks, laundry, tips to local guides, telephone, and porter fee while trekking, personal insurance, personal shopping bills.